These products are ideal for use as internal wiring of electronic devices.
Parallel multi-core electric wires in which rectangular conductors are aligned with uniform spacing and laminated with insulating tapes.
All of TOTOKU's flexible flat cables are lead-free products.
(Note) "LEAFCONN" is a registered trademark of TOTOKU ELECTRIC CO., LTD.
It is as thin as a tree leaf, and the veins of the leaves look like conductors, which is the image of a key part that bring breath to the product.
Our lineup includes "halogen-free flexible flat cables" as an ecological measure, and "gold-plated flexible flat cables" as a countermeasure against whiskers.
Standard flexible flat cables
- More economical than FPC.
- Excellent elastic behavior able to withstand repeated bending.
- Products with any desired length and number of cores can be easily produced.
- Connection is simple since the electric wire itself can also be used as a connector contact.
- Better heat dissipation than round wires, for larger available current capacity per unit of cross-section area.
- Can be bent to any desired shape for use.
- Small wiring space requirements, for improved mounting density.
Halogen-free flexible flat cables (for ecological measures)
- Contain no halogen flame retardants or antimony compounds.
- Various properties including flame resistance are the same as past LEAFCONN products which used halogen flame retardants.
Gold-plated flexible flat cables (for countermeasures against whiskers)
- Zero whisker generation to ensure reliability of connection.
- Excellent contact stability of connectors and other components.
- Outstanding corrosion resistance, making soldering possible.
- Lead wires for interconnection of printed circuit boards in electronic devices such as printers, copiers, stereos, TVs, VTRs, telephones, and fax machines.
- Lead wires for connection between printed circuit boards and electronic components.
|Property item||1.25mm pitch||1.00mm pitch||0.5mm pitch|
|Conductor used (mm)||0.1 x 0.8||0.05 x 0.8||0.035 x 0.8||0.1 x 0.7||0.05 x 0.7||0.035 x 0.7||0.05 x 0.3||0.035 x 0.3|
|Application||General use||Bending||High bending||General use||Bending||High bending||High-density mounting||High-density mounting|
|Conductor resistance, Ω/m||0.26||0.6||0.935||0.3||0.7||1.1||1.7||2.2|
|Rated current, A (reference value)||1.0||0.5||0.4||0.9||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.1|
|Line-to-line insulation resistance||DC 500V: 100 MΩ or greater||DC 500V: 100 MΩ or greater|
|Line-to-line withstand voltage||DC 1,000V: 1 minute||DC 500V: 1 minute||DC 300V: 1 minute|
|180゜ bending||20 times or more||40 times or more||100 times or more||20 times or more||40 times or more||80 times or more||40 times or more||40 times or more|
|Rolling (10R)||100 thousand times||4 million times||10 million times||80 thousand times||4 million times||8 million times||2 million times||2 million times|
|Item||1.25mm pitch||1.00mm pitch||0.5mm pitch|
|Conductor size (C×E)(mm)||0.035 x 0.8||0.05 x 0.8||0.1 x 0.8||0.035 x 0.7||0.05 x 0.7||0.1 x 0.7||0.05 x 0.3||0.035 x 0.3|
|No. of cores (n)||4～40||5～40||10～50|
|Total pitch (PA)(mm)||1.25(n-1)||1.00(n-1)||0.5(n-1)|
|Finished width (W)(mm)||1.25(n+1)||1.00(n+1)||0.5(n+1)|
|Margin width (M)(mm)||1.25||1||0.5|
|Strip length (S)(mm)||2,3,4,5,6||2,3,4,5,6||2,3,4,5,6|
|Reinforcing tape length (B)(mm)||6,8,10,15||6,8,10,15||6,8,10,15|
|Insulation length (L)(mm)||20～9000||20～9000||20～1000|
|Terminal thickness (T)(mm)||0.3±0.05
|Insulating tape thickness (mm)||0.06||0.06||0.06|
|UL grade||5542, 5543||5542, 5543||5542, 5543|
Catalog PDF Download
We have prepared materials for the product.
If you would like to check it, please request a document from the form below.
Product Inquiry about Flexible Flat Cable