Basic Principles and Policy on Corporate Governance
TOTOKU Electric Co., Ltd. aims to fulfill its management philosophy by placing the greatest importance on maximizing its corporate value through efficient and fair business activities. In order to achieve this, we recognize that one of the key factors is effective corporate governance, and to this end, we are endeavoring to enhance management transparency, internal control mechanisms, and compliance frameworks.
- In addition to ensuring legality and appropriateness in general management activities by promoting timely business decisions and efficient business execution, we are also ensuring sound management by strengthening the supervision of management adequacy and endeavoring to secure transparency in corporate activities based on corporate ethics.
- We adopt an executive officer system to execute business, under which executive officers devote themselves to implementing the duties delegated to them through the policies and supervision of the Board of Directors. In this regard, they aim to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of business execution in order to achieve greater business growth and results.
We are committed to enhancing corporate governance in accordance with the following principles.
- We respect the rights of shareholders and ensure equality.
- We endeavor to appropriately collaborate with shareholders and other stakeholders.
- We properly and proactively disclose information about the company in order to ensure transparency.
- The meeting of the Board of Directors aims to enhance the effectiveness of business execution supervisory functions from an objective standpoint based on its fiduciary duties and accountability to shareholders.
- Furthermore, the meeting promotes constructive dialogue between shareholders who have an investment policy that is consistent with the medium-to-long term interests of shareholders.